So, it's that time of the year again: time to sign up for the Lord of the Rings Secret Santa exchange! Slash, femslash, het and gen, fic and fanart; you can request it all, so why not join in?
As this year has been quite unusual, we have decided to try something new: this year, the exchange will be in the form of a prompt meme.
If you are new to the format, AO3 has a helpful FAQ here.
Sign-ups will run for the entire run of the exchange: from today, December 7th all the way to December 31st. However, while you can post prompts at any point, please be aware that we cannot guarantee that your prompt will be filled if you sign up close to the cut-off.
Please note that this is an FPF challenge. (i.e. Fictional, not real people fiction/RPF.) We're always open to all the Peoples and Ages of Middle-earth, which means that characters from The Hobbit are welcome too!
The Rules (2020):
1. Your story (or fanart) is due December 31st 11:59 pm Pacific Time (you can check what that is in your time zone here).
2. As a matter of fairness, please make your story more than 750 words (1000 is better). For fanart we'd expect you to spend at least a couple of hours on your work.
3. Please only claim a prompt if you plan on actually fulfilling your end of the bargain, and please only claim one prompt at a time. After you have completed your fill, you may claim a new one.
4. Posting prompts: the sign up form can be found here (or here if the main link gives you an error message). If you need help with signing up, please don't hesitate to contact the mods at lotrsesa[AT]gmail.com.
Claiming a prompt: use the "Claim" button next to the prompt you want to claim. (You can find open prompts under "Prompts" in the sidebar.) Several people can claim the same prompt. You can also claim a prompt without having submitted any of your own.
5. This year's timeline (2020):- Prompt posting: December 7th to 31st. This means you can post prompts AT ANY POINT before the Dec 31st deadline!6. When you're done, please add your story/art to the collection on AO3.
- Prompt fills due: December 31st.
Have fun -- and spread the word!
[LotR SeSa on LJ] [Lotr SeSa on Dreamwidth] [LotR SeSa on Tumblr]